Saturday 11 June 2016

Heeding God’s Word – Part IV

Over the course of a series of blogs we are outlining two reasons why heeding the Bible is going to be at the foundation of our life together as a church.  From our previous blogs we saw that the first reason was that the Bible is at the foundation of our life together because it is God’s word.  In this blog we will continue to outline the second reason…because the Bible is trustworthy and true.

The God who tells us the truth about Us…
God’s word tells me that I am his creation, fearfully and wonderfully made, that he knows when I sit and when I rise, that he perceives my thoughts from afar –  discerns my going out and my lying down, that he is familiar with all my ways.

But His word also tells us the truth about the mess we’ve made, that things are not OK.  God’s word tells me the truth, that:
·       While our God is righteous………amongst us…There is no one righteous, not even one…
·      While our God is loving…………amongst us…no one who seeks God…
·      While our God is near…………amongst us …All have turned away…
·      While our God is good………..amongst us…there is no one who does good, not even one.
That’s the truth that God’s word speaks to us, truth about us, as hard as that is to hear and truth about himself, as wonderful as that is to hear.  (The truth about God will be the focus of our next blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment